The Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM
Murphy & McGonigle’s White Collar Defense, Investigations and Compliance Counseling Practice will host a milestone event on Nov. 19 that features leaders from the anti-corruption sector who will examine the changing regulatory and compliance environment in Latin America.
The event, “The Post Lavo Jato World: How Corporates Must Adapt to the Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM,” will feature Antonio Carlos Vasconcellos Nobrega in his first appearance in the United States. Mr. Nobrega, the former head of Federal Security, Internal Affairs of Brazil, was responsible for penalizing companies involved in Lato Jato.
Robert Appleton, who served for three years as Chief of the first ever United Nations Anti-Corruption Unit and is now a shareholder at Murphy & McGonigle, will speak on the panel, along Rob Park, a former U.S. Department of Justice attorney who is also a member of Murphy & McGonigle’s White Collar Defense, Investigations and Compliance Counseling Practice.
Two other anti-corruption experts will be panelists, as well – Carlo Verona of the Demarest Law Firm in Brazil; and George “Ren” McEachern, Managing Director, EXIGER, who previously served as Global Head of the FBI’s Anti-Corruption Squad and was the lead supervisor of the FBI’s Lavo Jato effort.
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy: Regulatory and Enforcement Update
- Cooper and Davis to Speak on FIA Webinar on CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in Cash Markets
- Two More SEC Alumni Further Bolster Murphy & McGonigle’s Premier Trading & Markets Counseling Practice
- New York Managing Partner to Interview FINRA’s Thomas Gira at STA’s Market Structure Conference