The Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM
Murphy & McGonigle’s White Collar Defense, Investigations and Compliance Counseling Practice will host a milestone event on Nov. 19 that features leaders from the anti-corruption sector who will examine the changing regulatory and compliance environment in Latin America.
The event, “The Post Lavo Jato World: How Corporates Must Adapt to the Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM,” will feature Antonio Carlos Vasconcellos Nobrega in his first appearance in the United States. Mr. Nobrega, the former head of Federal Security, Internal Affairs of Brazil, was responsible for penalizing companies involved in Lato Jato.
Robert Appleton, who served for three years as Chief of the first ever United Nations Anti-Corruption Unit and is now a shareholder at Murphy & McGonigle, will speak on the panel, along Rob Park, a former U.S. Department of Justice attorney who is also a member of Murphy & McGonigle’s White Collar Defense, Investigations and Compliance Counseling Practice.
Two other anti-corruption experts will be panelists, as well – Carlo Verona of the Demarest Law Firm in Brazil; and George “Ren” McEachern, Managing Director, EXIGER, who previously served as Global Head of the FBI’s Anti-Corruption Squad and was the lead supervisor of the FBI’s Lavo Jato effort.
- Two Murphy & McGonigle Lawyers Recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers New York
- 19 Practices Honored and Six Earn National Rankings in Best Law Firms 2020 Survey
- “Post Lava Jato World” Event at Murphy & McGonigle to Feature Leading Authorities Involved in the Enforcement Effort
- Murphy & McGonigle Diverse Lawyers Participate in Annual MCCA Conference
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!