Speakers Announced for CryptoLex 2018
A wide range of renowned thought leaders and innovators in the blockchain, cryptocurrency and financial services sectors will be featured speakers at CryptoLex 2018, Murphy & McGonigle’s inaugural Blockchain conference. The speakers represent a mix of experts that includes blockchain entrepreneurs, investors, regulators with both federal and state experience, legal and academia.
CryptoLex 2018 is scheduled for Wed., Sept. 26 (2:00 – 8:00 pm) at Emerge212, a venue in midtown Manhattan (1185 Ave. of the Americas). CryptoLex will take the pulse on the most up-to-date legal and regulatory considerations and requisites for companies and investors in the blockchain space.
“We are extremely pleased to be able to feature such distinguished speakers at CryptoLex 2018,” said Matthew Comstock, a partner in Murphy & McGonigle’s FinTech & Blockchain Practice. “The FinTech landscape is evolving rapidly, and CryptoLex will look directly at the intersection of commercial and regulatory considerations and strategies and provide updates from the state, federal and legal spheres.”
Following are the individuals who are confirmed to speak at CryptoLex 2018:
- Daniel Alter, Partner, Murphy & McGonigle. Former General Counsel, New York State Department of Financial Services
- James Angel, Associate Professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Larry Bergmann, Partner, Murphy & McGonigle. Former Senior Associate Director, SEC Trading Practices and Processing
- Greg Bordenkirscher, Chief Litigation Counsel, Alabama Securities Commission
- Matthew Comstock, Partner, Murphy & McGonigle. Former Branch Chief, SEC Division of Trading and Markets
- Katherine Cooper, Partner, Murphy & McGonigle. Former Chief Regulatory Officer at NYSE Liffe US and Senior Trial Attorney in CFTC Division of Enforcement
- Elizabeth Davis, Partner, Murphy & McGonigle. Former Chief Trial Attorney at CFTC Division of Enforcement
- Abishak Kumarasubramanian, Chief Architect, TradeWind Markets.
- Margaret Liu, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Conference of State Bank Supervisors
- Kwon Park, Director of Business Development, Bittrex
- Jeanne Schroeder, Professor of Law, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Andrea Tinianow, Executive Vice President, Chief Innovation Officer, Global Kompass Strategies. Founding Director, Delaware Blockchain Initiative
Daniel Payne, a partner in Murphy & McGonigle’s FinTech & Blockchain Practice, will serve as Master of Ceremonies for CryptoLex 2018.
- Two Murphy & McGonigle Lawyers Recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers New York
- 19 Practices Honored and Six Earn National Rankings in Best Law Firms 2020 Survey
- “Post Lava Jato World” Event at Murphy & McGonigle to Feature Leading Authorities Involved in the Enforcement Effort
- Murphy & McGonigle Diverse Lawyers Participate in Annual MCCA Conference
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!