Murphy & McGonigle Announces Promotions
Murphy & McGonigle, the financial services and regulatory law firm, announced today the promotion of several of its lawyers. They are:
- Katherine M. McGrail, an Officer in the Richmond office, is promoted to Shareholder
- Alexandra Marinzel, an Associate in the Washington, DC office, is promoted to Officer
- Sharon O’Shaughnessy, an Associate in the New York office, is promoted to Officer
“We congratulate these talented attorneys on their well-deserved promotions,” said Chairman James Murphy. “Each of them has demonstrated outstanding client service and distinguished themselves within our firm.”
Ms. McGrail advises financial services and public companies facing civil litigation, regulatory and enforcement matters, as well as counseling clients on compliance with industry regulations. She also serves as the firm’s Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer.
Ms. Marinzel defends corporations and individuals in white collar criminal matters. Ms. O’Shaughnessy’s practice also focuses on white collar criminal litigation, as well as regulatory enforcement defense.
“We are pleased that all of the firm’s promotions this year are diverse attorneys,” said Mr. Murphy. “Our firm is committed to maintaining an infrastructure and culture that ensures that our diverse attorneys have the tools for success, and we believe these promotions are reflective of that.”
Murphy & McGonigle serves the litigation, enforcement defense, and regulatory counseling needs across the full spectrum of the financial services industry – from national banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers, and hedge funds, to national and international securities markets and exchanges. Many of the firm’s partners formerly served in senior positions in the US Department of Justice, SEC, FINRA, CFTC, and the New York State Department of Financial Services, and several served in senior executive positions in major financial institutions on Wall Street.
- Two Murphy & McGonigle Lawyers Recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers New York
- 19 Practices Honored and Six Earn National Rankings in Best Law Firms 2020 Survey
- “Post Lava Jato World” Event at Murphy & McGonigle to Feature Leading Authorities Involved in the Enforcement Effort
- Murphy & McGonigle Diverse Lawyers Participate in Annual MCCA Conference
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!