Five Murphy & McGonigle lawyers have been named to the 2019 Edition of Washington, D.C.’s Best Lawyers.
The attorneys who have received this distinction, based on peer recommendations, are below. The year each was first recognized as a Best Lawyer is in parens, followed by the practice areas they are selected for in this year’s ranking. Three lawyers - Carol Elder Bruce, Joseph Goldstein and Thomas McGonigle - are recognized in more than one practice area.
- Carol Elder Bruce (2005) – Commercial Litigation / Criminal Defense: White Collar
- William E. Donnelly (2013) – Litigation – Securities
- Joseph I. Goldstein (2007) – Corporate Compliance Law / Corporate Governance Law / Litigation – Securities / Securities Regulation
- Howard L. Kramer (2017) - Securities Regulation
- Thomas J. McGonigle (2007) – Litigation – Securities / Securities Regulation
Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The Best Lawyers methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Washington, D.C.’s Best Lawyers will appear in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.