Cybersecurity Team to Lead PLI Webinar on Practical Advice for Businesses and Financial Institutions
It’s not a question of if your company will be the victim of a data breach, but when. This is the reality that all companies, large or small, need to prepare for in today’s marketplace.
On October 5, three members of Murphy & McGonigle Cybersecurity Practice Group, Joseph Facciponti, Heather Middleton, and Sharon O’Shaughnessy will lead an informative one-hour, Practicing Law Institute (PLI) webinar on the topic, “Practical Cybersecurity Advice to Businesses and Financial Institutions.” One hour of CLE credit is available for those participating in the webinar.
“Companies can no longer merely hope that their technology systems will not be breached or hacked,” said Mr. Facciponti, a former federal cybercrime prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Southern District of New York. “Financial institutions need to take a proactive approach to ensure they are prepared for any number of scenarios that can otherwise seriously damage their business and their brand.”
The webinar will cover key areas for understanding by companies and businesses, including:
- The evolving cyber threat: trends, sources, and methods of attack
- The legal and ethical cybersecurity landscape
- Practical guidance for cybersecurity and data protection compliance
For more information on this PLI webinar or to register to participate, please see the attached link: https://www.pli.edu/Content/Seminar/Cybersecurity_Basics_Practical_Advice_for/_/N-4kZ1z0zecz?ID=349486
- Two Murphy & McGonigle Lawyers Recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers New York
- 19 Practices Honored and Six Earn National Rankings in Best Law Firms 2020 Survey
- “Post Lava Jato World” Event at Murphy & McGonigle to Feature Leading Authorities Involved in the Enforcement Effort
- Murphy & McGonigle Diverse Lawyers Participate in Annual MCCA Conference
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!