Cooper and Davis to Speak on FIA Webinar on CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in Cash Markets
Shareholders Katherine Cooper and Elizabeth Davis will be the featured speakers in a webinar conducted by FIA entitled, “CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in the Cash Markets: Are there any limits?” The webinar will take place on Thurs., Oct. 10 from 10 am – 11 am EST.
The webinar will cover the Dodd Frank Act’s Section 6 (c) (1) to the Commodity Exchange Act, which authorized the CFTC to promulgate rules and regulations prohibiting any person to use or deploy manipulative or deceptive device in connection with a contract for sale of any commodity in interstate commerce. The presentation will examine whether there are any limits to the application of the resulting CFTC regulation parroting 6 (c)(1)’s language.
FIA is the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets, with offices in Brussels, London, Singapore and Washington, D.C.
For more information or to register for the webinar: https://fia.org/events/cftc%E2%80%99s-jurisdiction-over-fraud-cash-markets-are-there-any-limits.
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy: Regulatory and Enforcement Update
- The Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM
- Two More SEC Alumni Further Bolster Murphy & McGonigle’s Premier Trading & Markets Counseling Practice
- New York Managing Partner to Interview FINRA’s Thomas Gira at STA’s Market Structure Conference