Cooper and Davis to Speak on FIA Webinar on CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in Cash Markets
Shareholders Katherine Cooper and Elizabeth Davis will be the featured speakers in a webinar conducted by FIA entitled, “CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in the Cash Markets: Are there any limits?” The webinar will take place on Thurs., Oct. 10 from 10 am – 11 am EST.
The webinar will cover the Dodd Frank Act’s Section 6 (c) (1) to the Commodity Exchange Act, which authorized the CFTC to promulgate rules and regulations prohibiting any person to use or deploy manipulative or deceptive device in connection with a contract for sale of any commodity in interstate commerce. The presentation will examine whether there are any limits to the application of the resulting CFTC regulation parroting 6 (c)(1)’s language.
FIA is the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets, with offices in Brussels, London, Singapore and Washington, D.C.
For more information or to register for the webinar: https://fia.org/events/cftc%E2%80%99s-jurisdiction-over-fraud-cash-markets-are-there-any-limits.
- Two Murphy & McGonigle Lawyers Recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers New York
- 19 Practices Honored and Six Earn National Rankings in Best Law Firms 2020 Survey
- “Post Lava Jato World” Event at Murphy & McGonigle to Feature Leading Authorities Involved in the Enforcement Effort
- Murphy & McGonigle Diverse Lawyers Participate in Annual MCCA Conference
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!