Andrew Melnick, Experienced Hedge Fund Litigator, Joins Murphy & McGonigle
Murphy & McGonigle, P.C. announced today that Andrew Melnick has joined the firm as a shareholder in its New York office. Mr. Melnick’s arrival continues the strong trend of top litigation and regulatory talent joining the financial services law firm that was founded in 2010.
"Andy is an excellent lawyer who will make a great addition to our firm. He will further enhance the breadth and depth of capabilities representing and advising hedge funds, investment advisors, investment banks and asset managers in complex litigations and arbitrations, internal investigations, regulatory inquiries, employment matters, and compliance reviews.," said James Murphy, Chairman of Murphy & McGonigle.
Most recently, Melnick served as chief litigation counsel at RCS Capital Corporation (now Aretec Group), where he oversaw all litigations, investigations and regulatory inquiries for the firm, which had interests in sponsors and managers of alternative investments, wholesale brokerage distribution, investment banking, transfer agent operations, and the Cetera Financial Group independent broker-dealer network of over 9,100 registered representatives. Melnick also served as deputy general counsel, head of retail litigation at UBS Financial Services.
"I'm truly excited to join the exceptionally talented group of lawyers at Murphy & McGonigle. The firm has an unparalleled and singular commitment to deliver sophisticated world class services to a wide range of clients," says Melnick.
- Two Murphy & McGonigle Lawyers Recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers New York
- 19 Practices Honored and Six Earn National Rankings in Best Law Firms 2020 Survey
- “Post Lava Jato World” Event at Murphy & McGonigle to Feature Leading Authorities Involved in the Enforcement Effort
- Murphy & McGonigle Diverse Lawyers Participate in Annual MCCA Conference
- “Commodity” is a Defined Term!