The explosion of new financial products over the past decade, the implosion of the credit markets and the resulting significant new regulatory requirements underline the importance of a basic understanding of financial products. While these instruments have been, in the view of many, invaluable investment tools, and have presented enormous potential for product manufacturers and investors, they also create potentially significant legal risks and challenges for their promoters, users, legal counsel and regulators. This seminar is designed as a hands-on learning tool to explain the fundamentals that you need to know when dealing with the more common financial investment products in the marketplace today.
"Mortgage-Related Products," Understanding Financial Products 2016
James K. Goldfarb
- Hannah Berkowitz
- Securities Arbitration 2020: Deep Dive, New York State Bar Association
- “Trends in Blockchain Litigation,” PLI Briefing
- “Outside Counsel Panel,” Speaker, State of the Industry Conference - Commodity Markets Council
- Chair, Crypto, Blockchain, FinTech & Other Technology Panel, ABA Derivatives Law Committee 2020 Winter Meeting in Naples, FL
- Fostering Diverse and Inclusive Cultures in Legal Departments, Oppenheimer & Co.