Hot Topics in Securities Litigation & Enforcement – Omnicare, Halliburton III, Home Courts, and the Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force
James Goldfarb is the Program Co-Chair and Panel Moderator for “Hot Topics in Securities Litigation & Enforcement – Omnicare, Halliburton III, Home Courts, and the Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force” and “The Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force - The SEC Goes Back to the Future”, New York City Bar Association.
The securities litigation and enforcement bar is grappling with developments set in motion by recent Supreme Court decisions and Securities and Exchange Commission initiatives. These include Omnicare and its impact on litigation and corporate disclosures; Halliburton II and the bench’s and bar’s attempts to apply the Court’s price impact rule; the defense bar’s robust counterattack on the SEC’s increasing reliance on ALJs; and the SEC’s renewed focus on policing financial reporting and audit irregularities. Four panels of jurists, regulators, and private practitioners will explore these developments and how they might unfold in 2016 and beyond.
- The Post Lava Jato World: How Corporates Must Adapt to the Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM
- Presentation: 16th Annual Small Law Firm Symposium: “Tech Tips Small Firms Need to Know” New York City Bar Association
- “Cybersecurity & Data Privacy: Regulatory and Enforcement Update,” Lawline Webinar
- “CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in the Cash Markets: Are there any limits?” Webinar
- PLI Hedge Fund and Private Equity Enforcement & Regulatory Developments 2019