Halliburton: Argument, Policy, and What Might Happen Next?
On April 30, the New York City Bar Committee on Securities Litigation will host a panel discussion on Halliburton Co., et al., v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc., which many commentators are calling the most important securities case in years. In Halliburton, the U.S. Supreme Court will revisit its landmark decision in Basic, Inc. v. Levinson establishing the "fraud-on-the-market" doctrine in securities fraud cases. The discussion will explore the case's implications for the fraud-on-the-market doctrine, and for securities litigation more broadly. Mr. Goldfarb will be speaking.
- The Post Lava Jato World: How Corporates Must Adapt to the Changing Regulatory and Compliance Environment in LATAM
- Presentation: 16th Annual Small Law Firm Symposium: “Tech Tips Small Firms Need to Know” New York City Bar Association
- “Cybersecurity & Data Privacy: Regulatory and Enforcement Update,” Lawline Webinar
- “CFTC Jurisdiction over Fraud in the Cash Markets: Are there any limits?” Webinar
- PLI Hedge Fund and Private Equity Enforcement & Regulatory Developments 2019