On April 30, the New York City Bar Committee on Securities Litigation will host a panel discussion on Halliburton Co., et al., v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc., which many commentators are calling the most important securities case in years. In Halliburton, the U.S. Supreme Court will revisit its landmark decision in Basic, Inc. v. Levinson establishing the "fraud-on-the-market" doctrine in securities fraud cases. The discussion will explore the case's implications for the fraud-on-the-market doctrine, and for securities litigation more broadly. Mr. Goldfarb will be speaking.
Halliburton: Argument, Policy, and What Might Happen Next?
- Panelist, Enforcement Panel, FIA Law and Compliance Virtual Conference
- FIA Law and Compliance Virtual Conference
- Speaker, Ethics Panel, FIA Law and Compliance Virtual Conference
- Moderator, How to Respond to Exchange Inquiries Panel, FIA Law and Compliance Virtual Conference
- CMBS Litigation Wave? The COVID-19 Fallout