This year’s Employment Law Institute will examine recent trends, developments, and cutting-edge issues in employment law. Topics to be discussed include: legislative and litigation updates on restrictive covenants and wage and hour laws; parental rights at work; pros and cons of different forums for discrimination cases; collateral consequences of convictions; recreational marijuana laws and the workplace; best practices in designing employee handbooks; internal investigations and privilege; and the fine line between advocacy and criminal conduct in demand letters (ethics). The Institute will feature a plenary session on the new wave in age discrimination. The panels will include in-house counsel for New York employers, representatives from governmental agencies, and top practitioners from both the plaintiffs’ and defense bar. You won’t want to miss this one stop shop for employment lawyers!
“Ethics if Demand Letters: The Fine Line between Advocacy and Committing a Crime,” Panel Presenter, New York City Bar Employment Law Institute
- “U.S. Competitiveness in Blockchain Technology”, Parallel Blockchain Series, Moderator
- Comstock to Moderate Opening Session of Parallel
- Murphy & McGonigle 2020 CLE Series Webinar: PPP Litigation Impacting SBA Lenders
- Economics of Blockchain Litigation: ICOs and Securities Laws, and Trends in Litigation
- How To Defend Against New Wave of Cryptocurrency Class Actions