Vigilant surveillance of trading has never been more critical. As exemplified by their coordinated spoofing takedown last year, the CFTC and DOJ continue to be aggressive in their identification and prosecution of spoofing and disruptive trading activity by individuals and the companies that employ them. During this 1.5 hour CLE program, we will go through the recent CFTC and DOJ actions, discuss the importance of trading data analysis for these types of cases, and provide best practices.
Commodities & Derivatives - Surveillance and Spoofing, Murphy & McGonigle 2019 CLE Series
- “Ethics if Demand Letters: The Fine Line between Advocacy and Committing a Crime,” Panel Presenter, New York City Bar Employment Law Institute
- Securities Arbitration 2020: Deep Dive, New York State Bar Association
- “Trends in Blockchain Litigation,” PLI Briefing
- “Outside Counsel Panel,” Speaker, State of the Industry Conference - Commodity Markets Council
- Chair, Crypto, Blockchain, FinTech & Other Technology Panel, ABA Derivatives Law Committee 2020 Winter Meeting in Naples, FL