On June 5, 2019, the SEC adopted Regulation Best Interest (“Reg. BI”), which not only required the disclosure of interest, but also imposed a standard of conduct on broker-dealers (“BDs”) when making a recommendation to a retail customer of any securities transaction or investment strategy. Read our Client Alert https://www.mmlawus.com/newsitem/pdf/SEC_Adopts_Rule_15l-1_-8947649653849290607.pdf.
SEC Adopts Rule 15l-1 to Require Broker-Dealers to Act in Best Interest of Retail Customers
- Securities Market Players Must Consider Recent Actions Focused on Certain Chinese Companies
- SEC Offers Comprehensive Supervision and Compliance Guidance for Investment Advisers
- CLIENT ALERT: FINRA Proposes Enhanced IDQS Requirements
- FINRA Seeks SEC Approval of Rules That Would Make It More Difficult to Obtain Expungements
- Rule 15c2-11 Amendments: OTC Market Disruptor?