SEC Adopts Rule 15l-1 to Require Broker-Dealers to Act in Best Interest of Retail Customers
On June 5, 2019, the SEC adopted Regulation Best Interest (“Reg. BI”), which not only required the disclosure of interest, but also imposed a standard of conduct on broker-dealers (“BDs”) when making a recommendation to a retail customer of any securities transaction or investment strategy. Read our Client Alert https://www.mmlawus.com/newsitem/pdf/SEC_Adopts_Rule_15l-1_-8947649653849290607.pdf.
- CLIENT ALERT: Opportunity to submit pre-rulemaking comments on the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Tenth Circuit Extends SEC’s Geographic Reach. Just How Far Is Uncertain.
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Regulation NMS to Expand Disclosure
- How to Avoid Liability for Halo Statements
- Overview and Impact of the Supreme Court Ruling in Lucia v. SEC