Narrowing CFTC Enforcement Possible Under Trump, Lawyers Say
The CFTC could narrow its interpretation of antimanipulation authority granted by the Dodd-Frank Act once President-elect Trump takes office, enforcement lawyers told Bloomberg BNA.
There are certain types of cases that are less likely to be prosecuted because they’re borderline and don’t go to what the CFTC’s mandate is, which includes policing fraud, manipulation and trade practice abuse.
To view this article in its entirety, click here.
- SEC Adopts Rule 15l-1 to Require Broker-Dealers to Act in Best Interest of Retail Customers
- CLIENT ALERT: Opportunity to submit pre-rulemaking comments on the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Tenth Circuit Extends SEC’s Geographic Reach. Just How Far Is Uncertain.
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Regulation NMS to Expand Disclosure
- How to Avoid Liability for Halo Statements