- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- White Collar Defense, Investigations & Compliance Counseling
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- FinTech & Blockchain
- International Advisory
- Health Care Fraud Defense and Compliance Counseling
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1998
- M.B.A., The Ohio State University, 1993
- A.B., English Literature, Miami University, 1991
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Mr. Peterson’s practice focuses on assisting individuals and companies appearing before the SEC, FINRA, and federal and state criminal authorities. He defends clients facing allegations of accounting fraud, market manipulation, insider trading, failure to register, and other securities violations.
Mr. Peterson has particular experience in investigating corruption-related allegations, and has defended claims of FCPA violations, domestic bribery, and embezzlement. He has assisted clients in conducting anti-corruption due diligence, and in creating compliance enhancements designed to detect and prevent corruption problems.
He is also a member of Murphy & McGonigle’s leading FinTech practice. Mr. Peterson provides advice concerning cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology applications, helping clients navigate complex regulatory and enforcement considerations in this disruptive sector of financial services.
Mr. Peterson previously served as Senior Counsel in the SEC Division of Enforcement's Washington office, where he received two Division Director's Awards for his service.