- White Collar Defense, Investigations & Compliance Counseling
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- Cybersecurity, Cybercrime, & Incident Response
- Health Care Fraud Defense and Compliance Counseling
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Private Funds Advisory & Enforcement Defense
- Independent Monitoring & Independent Consulting
- J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, (Order of the Coif ) 1997
- B.A., cum laude, Tufts University, 1992
- One Year Program, Hebrew University, 1990
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Steven Feldman focuses his practice on white collar criminal litigation and securities enforcement matters. He represents companies and individuals accused of business crimes, public corruption, securities law violations and fraudulent practices by the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, State Attorneys General, District Attorneys’ Offices, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Mr. Feldman works with companies to conduct internal investigations and represents individual executives in corporate internal investigations. In criminal and regulatory matters, he represents broker-dealers, stock brokers, hedge funds, investment advisors and corporate executives. In some of his most important victories, Mr. Feldman has convinced criminal authorities not to prosecute his clients for alleged wrongdoing. When prosecutions go forward, he is an experienced federal court trial attorney prevailing in numerous jury trials.
Skilled as both a defense attorney and a prosecutor, Mr. Feldman has extensive experience in public corruption prosecutions, business crime matters, art and cultural object related crimes, health care fraud cases, and cases arising under the federal securities laws.
Mr. Feldman spent more than six years as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan. During his last four years as a federal criminal prosecutor, he served on the office’s Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force.
Mr. Feldman spearheaded the creation of the Murphy & McGonigle iPhone and Android app, M&M Defend, which provides guidelines to arm individuals and companies with resources for critical law enforcement encounters. It can be downloaded by visiting the iTunes app store, here, and the Google Play store, here.
He has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with its AV Preeminent ranking, the peer-rated highest level of professional excellence.
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar Council
- Board of Trustees
- Federal Bar Council Inn of Court
- Georgetown Wall Street Alliance
- Board of Advisers
- Georgetown Law New York Alumni Council
- Board Member
- Georgetown Law Corporate Counsel Institute
- Board of Advisers
- UJA Criminal Law Group
- Past Co-Chair
- NYS Bar Association White Collar Committee
- Tufts Lawyers Association