- Cybersecurity, Cybercrime, & Incident Response
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Defense, Investigations & Compliance Counseling
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2012
- M.A., New York University, 2004
- B.S., magna cum laude, New York University, 2003
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Sharon O'Shaughnessy focuses her practice on white collar criminal litigation and regulatory enforcement defense. She has represented companies and individuals accused of business crimes, public corruption, securities law violations, and fraudulent practices by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, and State Attorneys General. Ms. O’Shaughnessy is also experienced in complex commercial litigation and has represented numerous corporations and individuals in disputes involving business divorce, fraud, and other contractual issues. From 2017–2020, Ms. O’Shaughnessy has been recognized as a New York "Rising Star" in the area of Criminal Defense: White Collar by Super Lawyers.
Since 2014, Ms. O’Shaughnessy has served as a Volunteer Attorney for the New York City Bar Association's Legal Clinic for the Homeless, providing advice, advocacy, and representation to residents of homeless shelters on a variety of matters related to state and federal public benefits, shelter placements, and domestic violence issues. Ms. O’Shaughnessy is also a Volunteer Attorney for the New York State Courts Access to Justice Program, dispensing legal advice to unrepresented litigants appearing in the New York State Courts. In 2017, Ms. O’Shaughnessy was recognized for her distinguished pro bono service to the New York State Courts Access to Justice Program at a ceremony hosted by the New York State Unified Court System Office for Justice Initiatives, New York State Bar Association, and New York County Lawyers’ Association.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. O’Shaughnessy worked as a Senior Case Manager at JAMS, which provided her with an extensive background in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Ms. O’Shaughnessy is a Chair of Murphy & McGonigle’s Women’s Initiative, which strives to attract, retain, and champion top-flight female legal talent. The Women’s Initiative hosts, sponsors, and participates in several efforts that advance the development of women in law.
Recognitions, Honors, & Awards
- Sharon O’Shaughnessy Recognized as “Rising Star” - 2020 Super Lawyers of New York (Criminal Defense: White Collar)