- Broker-Dealer Advisory & Counseling
- FinTech & Blockchain
- Securities Arbitration & ADR
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law, 1998
- B.A., Politics, University of California at Santa Cruz, 1995
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Mr. Beugelmans focuses his practice on serving financial institutions in securities litigation, arbitration, employment, and regulatory proceedings. He established Murphy & McGonigle’s first West Coast office, located in San Francisco, CA.
Mr. Beugelmans brings over twenty years of litigation and FINRA, CFTC, and SEC regulatory experience from his prior roles as in-house counsel at Morgan Stanley and Charles Schwab, as managing partner of a law firm serving financial institutions, and as a litigation and financial markets partner in a national law firm.
Mr. Beugelmans held various leadership roles in Morgan Stanley’s compliance and legal division, including as counsel to Morgan Stanley’s chief compliance officer. He has led hundreds of securities arbitration, internal investigations, and regulatory proceedings. Following his tenure at Morgan Stanley, he returned to private practice and founded a law firm, serving as the firm’s managing partner for ten years.
Martindale-Hubbell has assigned Mr. Beugelmans a rating of AV Preeminent, its highest peer rating standard.