- Commodities, Futures & Derivatives
- Cybersecurity, Cybercrime, & Incident Response
- FinTech & Blockchain
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- Trading & Markets Counseling
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1988
- M.A, Philosophy, Columbia University, Graduate Schools of Arts & Sciences, 1983
- B.A., Philosophy & Economics, Columbia College, 1981
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Seminars and Presentations
The webinar covered the Dodd Frank Act’s Section 6 (c) (1) to the Commodity Exchange Act, which authorized the CFTC to promulgate rules and regulations prohibiting any person to use or deploy manipulative or deceptive device in connection with a contract for sale of any commodity in interstate commerce.
As exemplified by their coordinated spoofing takedown last year, the CFTC and DOJ continue to be aggressive in their pursuit of rooting out spoofing and disruptive trading activity by individuals and the companies that employ them.
The rapid pace of cryptomarket development has created numerous legal questions that remain unanswered. Panel experts discuss which topics are most important to institutional market participants and why.
This panel will provide a brief view of the technical distinctions between different types of cryptoassets, explaining their purposes and technical characteristics and discuss how different regulators classify cryptoassets for the purpose of applying existing laws and regulations. The panel will also explore how judicial decisions are beginning to impact the regulation of cryptoassets in the United States and relevant legislative initiatives worldwide.
CFTC’s Policy Goals of its Regulation of Cryptocurrencies,Its Jurisdiction to so Regulate, and the Relationship of this Work to its Traditional Oversight of Commodity Derivatives
Mars Blockchain Summit NYC “Seeking the Power of a Turning Point” will be held on October 18, 2018, in New York City, United States of America. This unrivaled event is hosted by Mars Finance and Consensus Lab, co-hosted by Liaoyuan, Crypto Capital, Redbank Capital and Sharp Eye Capital.