- Audit, Accounting & Financial Reporting
- FinTech & Blockchain
- Private Funds Advisory & Enforcement Defense
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- J.D. and LL.M., International and Comparative Law, Duke University School of Law, 1999
- M.Sc., International Relations, London School of Economics, 1997
- A.B., History, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, 1992
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Seminars and Presentations
How To Defend Against New Wave of Cryptocurrency Class Actions
On April 3, investors in tokens filed 11 class action lawsuits in New York Federal Court against token issuers and exchanges. Our Securities Litigation and Blockchain lawyers will host a webinar on Thurs., Apr. 23 that takes a deep dive into this surge of class actions and provides strategies for how to defend against them.
Murphy & McGonigle’s 2019 Breakfast CLE Series will kick off on Wed., Jan. 30 (8:00 am) with an informative program, Private Securities Litigation & Securities Enforcement Actions – Answers to the GC’s Most Pressing Questions.
Israel’s largest fintech conference. This year 1,500+ professionals will attend from Israel and from around the world: CXO’s, entrepreneurs, investors, innovation and fintech leaders from the leading startups, fintechs, banks, financial institutions, hubs, accelerators and investment companies, private, public, and government owned.
James Goldfarb is the Program Co-Chair and Panel Moderator for “Hot Topics in Securities Litigation & Enforcement – Omnicare, Halliburton III, Home Courts, and the Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force” and “The Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force - The SEC Goes Back to the Future”, New York City Bar Association.
"Mortgage-Related Products," Understanding Financial Products 2016, Practicing Law Institute, New York, January 28, 2016.