- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law, 2019
- J.D., University of Cambridge, Emmanuel College, 2017
- M.A., University of Chicago, 2014
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Ella Markina is a litigator who serves in the Firm’s Securities & Complex Commercial Practice and StraDIM practices. As an e-Discovery attorney, her experience includes the review and analysis of confidential electronic documents in litigation in class action and other financial services matters.
Her e-Discovery work has included a federal class action defending an aircraft manufacturer and on an antitrust action defending a major U.S. pork producer, as well as in mergers & acquisitions. Ms. Markina has also worked on a discovery project dealing with insurance subrogation agreements in the California Pacific Gas and Electric Wildfire class-action.
Ms. Markina’s experience includes the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, where she served as a Legal Extern In-house Counsel and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia, Civil Division, where she served as a Legal Extern.