- International Advisory
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Securities Arbitration & ADR
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Defense, Investigations & Compliance Counseling
- J.D., Dean’s List, University of Minnesota Law School, 2006
- B.A., English and History, cum laude, UCLA, 2004
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Elizabeth Del Cid is a litigation attorney and partner in the firm’s New York office. In over 13 years of practice, Ms. Del Cid has appeared before federal and state judges at the civil and criminal level, FINRA arbitrators, the SEC’s Enforcement Division, and administrative officers in California, New York, and Iowa. She has advised a myriad of clients, from major broker-dealers to government agencies to individuals from Latin America.
Ms. Del Cid has first chaired bench trials and second chaired jury trials involving multi-millions of dollars in alleged damages. She has litigated several cases where a brokerage firm was forced to deal with the aftermath of a rogue advisor’s Ponzi or cherry picking scheme. She has counseled executives from national and regional financial institutions and their registered salespersons about compliance and supervisory procedures concerning outside business activities, registered investment advisory services, and due diligence of TICs and other securities products. Ms. Del Cid also successfully advocated on behalf of an insurance agent in a five-year long, complex commercial dispute brought on behalf of the beneficiaries of a family trust, alleging conspiracy to violate RICO. She has defended insurance companies in ERISA actions as well.
Although she is an experienced trial attorney, Ms. Del Cid recognizes that not all cases should be resolved by evidentiary hearing. She is a skilled business negotiator and has reached settlements for substantially less than the cost of defense before even participating in mediation.
Early in her legal career, Ms. Del Cid used to make policy and oversee its enforcement on behalf of California municipalities.
Ms. Del Cid is also a FINRA arbitrator, an American Bar Association Law Practice Fellow, an American Bar Association On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers Award recipient, Hispanic National Bar Association’s Top Lawyers under 40 Award recipient, Super Lawyers’ Rising Star honoree for the past three years in a row, and alumna of the American Bar Association’s prestigious Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy.
She is a native Spanish speaker.
- Arbitrator (2016 to date), FINRA
- Future Leaders Event and Women’s Leadership Forum (2016-17), SIFMA Compliance & Legal Society
- Member (2016), Financial Women’s Association
- Law Practice Fellow (2017-18), American Bar Association
- Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy Alumni (2016), American Bar Association
- 2017 Top Lawyers Under 40; Chicago 2016 Convention CLE Committee and CLE Speaker; Los Angeles 2008 Convention Committee , Hispanic National Bar Association
- Pro Bono Attorney (2016-17), New York Civil Courts Help Desk