- FinTech & Blockchain
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Defense, Investigations & Compliance Counseling
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Richmond School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Philosophy and Economics, magna cum laude, College of William & Mary, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
The verdict is remarkable for its break with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s position that Hashlets are investment contracts in the action it brought against Mr. Garza in 2015. This difference is demonstrative of the uncertainty which currently characterizes much of the regulatory landscape facing individuals and entities operating in the cryptocurrency space.
The Ripple Defendants have secured two discovery rulings in their favor in the past week, altering the playing field for the case going forward.
XRP holders filed a motion to intervene in the SEC's enforcement action against Ripple, telling the court that they have lost billions because of the SEC's meritless action.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) has conditionally approved a national bank charter for Anchorage Digital Bank NA.
On December 18, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) released a proposed rule for virtual currency transactions involving unhosted wallets.
On March 31, Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security, or CARES Act, to provide immediate and critically needed financial relief to the economy, which was racing the disastrous consequences of the global COVID-19 pandemic.