- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1997
- A.B., Philosophy, Government and Drama, Dartmouth College, 1994
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
Mr. Matheson focuses his practice on the representation of public companies and their officers and directors in securities class actions and other complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Mr. Matheson also represents a number of national and regional securities brokerage firms in litigation and regulatory matters. He counsels broker/dealers with respect to compliance with securities laws and regulations. He regularly defends brokerage firms facing customer complaints in court and arbitration forums.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Matheson taught Securities Regulation at University of Richmond School of Law for three years.
Mr. Matheson has been recognized as a Virginia “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in Securities Litigation by Law & Politics magazine.
In the News
2nd Circ. Affirms Dismissal Of US Bank's Untimely RMBS Suit
Law 360 | (02/06/2019)
Insurers Lose Bid to Revive $1.8B MBS Suit in Top NY Court
Law 360 | (02/25/2014)
Manhattan Federal Judge Dismisses $186 Billion 'Cash Sweep' Class Action Against Brokerages
Law.com | (07/28/2009)