- Broker-Dealer Advisory & Counseling
- Commodities, Futures & Derivatives
- FinTech & Blockchain
- Investment Advisory
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Trading & Markets Counseling
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2009
- B.A., University of Maryland, College Park, 2006
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
Brian Walsh is a financial services regulatory, enforcement defense, and litigation lawyer. He maintains a DC-based, nationwide practice in which he helps a variety of clients, including regulated entities, institutions, fintech firms, and individuals, in connection with investigations by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), National Futures Association (NFA), and other regulatory agencies.
Brian also provides regulatory guidance to securities, futures, and cryptocurrency market participants, including helping clients manage risk by crafting effective compliance programs and advising clients in connection with non-adversarial interactions with regulators to ensure their business complies with applicable rules and regulations.
Brian has a developed a track record for providing practical guidance and efficiently achieving excellent results for his clients. He has successfully persuaded regulators that pursuing charges against clients was not warranted, assisted clients settle enforcement actions on favorable terms, and successfully litigated matters against regulatory agencies as well as non-governmental adversaries.
Prior to joining Murphy & McGonigle, Brian was an attorney at the CFTC, first serving as an advisor to the CFTC's Director of Enforcement, followed by three years as a line enforcement attorney.
- Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section, District of Columbia Bar