- Cybersecurity, Cybercrime, & Incident Response
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Securities Arbitration & ADR
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Brooklyn Law School; Member, Brooklyn Law Review
- M.S.W., Columbia University School of Social Work
- B.A. History, Elected to Phi Beta Kappa, State University of New York at Binghamton
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Barry Gold has more than 30 years' experience litigating complex commercial matters in the New York State and Federal courts and in arbitration forums across the country. His Federal court practice includes more than 20 years’ experience representing creditors, trustees and debtors in a wide variety of litigation matters in the United States Bankruptcy Courts. The focus of Mr. Gold’s practice is representing large, well-known global financial institutions and their employees. He is also a mediator who has successfully mediated to settlement numerous litigations, including commercial matters, bankruptcy matters, ADA cases, personal injury matters and civil rights actions. He believes his mediation experience enables him to better see all sides of a litigation dispute and better qualifies him to strategically assess the strengths and weaknesses of a particular matter. Mr. Gold uses these skills in his efforts to achieve quick, cost-saving resolutions that many clients seek.
- Defended mortgage originators in Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities cases pending in Federal and State Courts. These complex, high-stakes cases involve claims of billions of dollars with myriad novel legal issues.
- Represented investment banking firm in connection with $200+ million auction rate securities claim including successfully obtaining disqualification of claimant’s counsel after multi-day trial in New York State Supreme Court.
- Obtained dismissal of numerous Federal and State court actions brought by investors alleging breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and sales practice violations.
- Numerous victories in State trial and appellate courts defending legal malpractice actions brought by clients against their attorneys.
- Trial and appellate victories in State and Federal courts.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended employment claims in FINRA arbitrations around the country for leading brokerage firms, including recent representation of one firm in five arbitrations against former employees resulting in awards after trial totaling $8 million.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Mr. Gold spent six years as a partner at Krebsbach & Snyder, P.C., a boutique law firm specializing in securities litigation and arbitration matters. Prior to Krebsbach & Snyder, Mr. Gold was counsel at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP where his practice was focused on sophisticated bankruptcy litigation, including representation of Chapter 11 debtors-in-possession and creditors and mediation of bankruptcy litigations.
Martindale-Hubbell has assigned Mr. Gold a rating of AV Preeminent, its highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards. He is a member of the mediation panels of the following courts: United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of Delaware; Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court, New York County; and New York Supreme Court, Westchester County.