- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2017
- B.A., University of Santa Cruz, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Ms. Thepot is a litigator and regulatory attorney for a wide array of financial services institutions. She represents and advises broker-dealers, investment advisors, investment banks and asset managers in complex litigations, arbitrations, internal investigations, regulatory inquiries, employment matters, and compliance reviews.
Prior to Murphy & McGonigle, Ms. Thepot was a commercial and securities litigator where she handled all stages of complex commercial and securities litigation, including pre-suit investigations and counseling, motion practice, and discovery. She conducted witness interviews, prepared deposition materials, and coordinated collaborative strategy discussions with co-counsel.
Awards, Recognition, Diversity, & Inclusion
In 2021, Ms. Thepot was nominated and accepted into the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s Pathfinder Program, designed for diverse attorneys to develop and leverage foundational leadership skills and professional networks. LCLD is comprised of over 320 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who serve as leaders dedicated to promoting diversity in the legal profession.
Education and Background
Ms. Thepot graduated cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Santa Cruz. Ms. Thepot then earned her Juris Doctor from Santa Clara University School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Thepot completed a fellowship with the Academic Success Program and served on the Honors Moot Court Board. Ms. Thepot also worked for the International Human Rights Clinic where she coauthored a Thematic Hearing Report to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights advocating on behalf of minority groups who suffer violations of their human right to clean and accessible water and sanitation.
Ms. Thepot is a fluent Spanish speaker, and prior to law school she used these skills to work with a community non-profit to provide legal education to underrepresented populations in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Represented financial services firms and associated persons in connection with customer- and industry-related disputes, including representation of major institutions in employment claims by prior financial advisors and in recovering monies owed pursuant to promissory notes.
- Defended corporations and limited liability companies in federal and state litigation alleging violations of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, state securities laws, and the common law.
- Represented plaintiffs in multidistrict litigation against major tech company involving alleged violations of state and federal securities laws.