555 13th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004
Fax: (202) 661-7050
Cell: (202) 680-4941
Audit and Accounting
Enforcement Defense and Government Investigations
Financial Services Advisory and Counseling
Independent Monitoring/Independent Consulting
Trading and Markets Counseling
White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Compliance Counseling
Mr. McGonigle focuses his practice on securities and investment regulation. His clients include broker/dealers, investment advisers, public companies, banks and individuals. He has experience in matters involving equity, fixed income, and derivative trading; broker/dealer and investment adviser compliance system design and review; fiduciary investment issues; regulatory registration issues; transactional disclosure issues; regulatory enforcement and grand jury representation; and litigation in federal and state courts, administrative proceedings, disciplinary hearings and arbitrations.
Mr. McGonigle also counsels broker-dealers and investment advisors on AML issues and has defended a broker-dealer in an AML self-regulatory organization investigation.
Mr. McGonigle is listed in Washington, D.C.'s Best Lawyers. He also has been listed as a Washington DC Super Lawyer (2012-15).
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 1982
B.S., Political Science, magna cum laude, University of Scranton, 1979
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
- Murphy & McGonigle, Washington, DC, 2010 to present
- LeClairRyan, Washington, DC, 2001 – 2010
- McGuireWoods, LLP, Washington, DC, 1988 – 2001
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Enforcement Division, Branch Chief, 1986 – 1988
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Enforcement Division, Staff Attorney, 1984 – 1986
- King’s County District Attorney’s Office, Brooklyn, New York, Assistant District Attorney, 1982 –1984